Monday 27 August 2007

Nice one

I have a few minutes to spare before dining. I have just arrived in Khajuraho. On my arrival at the hotel, I was somewhat dismayed when a large rat shot across my toes (followed by a large man in hot pursuit, who fortunately missed my toes). The rat made a beeline into a guest's bedroom. For some reason, the fat man didn't enter but hovered at the room's doorway. Strange.

I have found that men's behaviour has become slightly more lascivious over the past few days. It started in Agra when Ravi, the chap at the hotel, found out I was coming to Khajuraho. Khajuraho is know for its temple with erotic carvings showing graphic scenes from the Karma Sutra. Ravi - probably stretching his charm and his imagination to their height in order, one can only guess, to court a young lady - suggested I allow him to demonstrate images from Khajuraho. Then the following day, Sona, my auto driver, gave me a long description of how he feels after he has been on a camel. I think he was trying to tell me that he finds the experience (I presume, rather than the camels) rather arousing. Most peculiar. But the poor boys have quickly realised that I do not smoke, or imbibe alcohol, and therefore I am a lost cause. (Although when Sona started his camel story, I couldn't help sniggering: my 14-year old schoolboy sense of humour reared its head. His story was just so inappropriate.)

No comments: